Sunday, June 22, 2008

Idaho Fun!

It's been a really long time since I've posted anything. What can I say, twins keep you busy. We've been having a wonderful summer so far starting with a three week vacation to Idaho. It was wonderful! The weather was still a little cool, but nothing pants and a sweatshirt can't solve. The boys had a blast! My parents have a huge lawn in which they could run around, 4-wheelers and tractors they could ride, and plenty of cousins close.

One of the reasons that we choose this May to go up is because my cousin got married. While my sister, my mom, and I went to the wedding the boys stayed home with Eric and Grandpa. They had a real boys day. I received a call from Eric on the way home saying that they had to have a midday bath, and this is why. Apparently the boys discovered grandma's empty flower pots that she hadn't planted anything in yet. This was the outcome.



The boys loved to watch Grandpa on the tractor and even got to ride in it with him. They thought it was pretty cool!

Preston and Jackson love animals. While in Carey we went to my Aunts house to see her horses as well as their lamb. The boys keep saying "Horse" and "Neigh" the whole time we were there and were upset when we had to leave. I can't wait to go back up in August during the County Fair so that they can see lots of animals other than in books.

I mentioned that we went on 4-wheeler rides. A LOT!! We had to pry Preston off every time it was time to go in, and Jackson would say "Whoa" the whole time. The moment we took them off they would try and climb right back on. They loved them!!
Whenever we are in Idaho we try and see Eric's brother Doug and his family. This time when we went to see them we went on a bike ride with them and some of their friends. It was so much fun. We rode along the Boise River to a park and had a picnic. The ride was just right so that the bigger kids could ride their own bikes. Eric had fun racing some of them along the path, although he was at a disadvantage because he was pulling the boys in a trailer. The park where we had the picnic was right next to where water comes out of the reservoir into the river. It was pretty impressive!

My boys love the water and we could only get Preston to eat his lunch as long as we sat right by the river.


1 comments:

Give Me Five said...

Looks like you are going to have to move to farm now.